Tuesday, March 13

Everybody's having kids before getting married!



I don't understand this new trend of having kids without being married! My puzzlement has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with lack of security. Perhaps it's because my mom and my dad were just going out when they had me, and soon split, but I just don't get it. It's happening all in Hollywood and all in my family too. I guess no one else sees it like I do.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are both the legal parents of Madix, Zahara, Shiloh, and a new kid, Tax from Vietnam. First of all, normal people can't adopt children unless they are married, because it is a secure environment, so they faniggled some strange agreement, AND had their very own baby that Angelina gave birth to. Yet, they don't feel the need to get married, because they aren't tied to each other, they are tied to their children.

I even have 3 cousins who each have 2 children with their significant other. One of them has been dating the same guy since I could remember (over 11 years) and now have children, but aren't married yet. They might say that they just "know" that they are going to get stay together forever, but why not proclaim is openly and make a promise in front of everyone if you know that so much?



Even the lovely Charlotte Church is going to have a child with the guys she's been dating for 2 years, and living with for a year, Gavin Henson. Since she's at the very beginnings of her pregnancy, I wonder if they will get married before she gives birth.

From the perspective of someone who has a single parent, i don't get it. There's almost nothing holding someone from leaving someone else if they aren't married. If you're reading this, please openly proclaim your love for someone by marrying them before you have a child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home